6 September 2022
09:00-14:00 PM Seoul (GMT+9)
*English-Korean simultaneous translation will be provided.
Local governments are at the forefront of accelerating the implementation of the far-reaching Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and recovering the lives and well-being of citizens from the COVID-19 pandemic. However, they are confronted with a multitude of challenges in the process of recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic and building an inclusive and resilient society in the post-COVID-19 era, including the climate crisis and the current food and energy crisis. Addressing such cascading and intertwined challenges and crises, accelerating SDG implementation, as well as building an inclusive and resilient society all call for innovation in local governance.
The Forum aims to share various approaches, strategies, and good practices in promoting innovative local governance for accelerating SDG implementation at the local level and building an inclusive and resilient local society in the post-COVID-19 era.
Session 1: Accelerating Digital Transformation for Public Service Innovation and Revitalization of Local Economy
- Ms. Kyung-eun Lee, Director, Center for Local Information, KRILA
- Mr. Deniz Susar, Governance and Public Administration Officer, Digital Government Branch, DPIDG/UN DESA
- Prof. Lei Zheng, Professor, School of International Relations and Public Affairs & Director, Lab for Digital and Mobile Governance, Fudan University, China
Session 2: Promoting Social Inclusion & Leaving No One Behind in Local Governance
- Dr. Bernadia Irawati Tjandradewi, Secretary-General, UCLG ASPAC
- Dr. Michelle L. Oren, Head of Urban Futures Lab, BIU Center for Smart Cities, Graduate School of Business Administration, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
- Mr. Young-Mo Hwang, Research Fellow, Jeonbuk Institute
- Ms. Natalia Bayona, Director of Innovation, Education and Investments, World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
Session 3: Addressing Climate Change and Building Resilience at the Local Level through Public-Private-People Partnerships (PPPPs)
Online Discussion Board* (Knowledge Platform)
Workshop participants are invited to join the Online Discussion Board, where online discussion among participants will be facilitated to address unanswered questions, promote dialogue, and exchange ideas.
Ms. Mi Kyoung Park
Governance and Public Administration Officer
Ms. Hye Yong (Hailey) Kim
Associate Research and Policy Analysis Expert